In order for BPC SSIS Tasks to be available for use in SSIS Packages, the OSoft Task dll files must be placed in Drive:Program FilesMicrosoft SQL Server100DTSTasks for SQL 2008.
I find there are a couple reasons for an import into BPC to not complete, getting stuck on the the DumpLoad task:
- The first reason it stops at the DumpLoad task is there is alot of data and it just takes that long. You can always Abort the import and try importing a smaller set of data.
- The OutlookSoft SendGovernor Service is not started. This is usually the result of a server reboot. To check this out:
- Start > Run
- Type services.msc and press Enter
- Scroll down to the OutlookSoft SendGovernor Service
- Start the service if it is not running
- The other reason has to do with the dbo.lck[Application Name] table. So if the application name is Finance, then there are rows left in the dbo.lckFinance table. This can happen if an import errors out. To solve this:
- Verify no imports are occurring
- Check if there are any rows in the table: SELECT * from dbo.lckFinance
- If there are, remove them: DELETE dbo.lckFinance
That should solve a hung import.
Displaying teams in Data Manager is simply based on the current user’s Team access. Change their Team membership using BPC Administration.
Security is broken down to 4 aspects:
- Basic component of security. User, Email, IM, etc.
- Basic grouping of users
- You can assign Task and Member Access Profiles to Teams
- Task Profiles
- Application related security
- User/Team Activities and roles specified here
- There is a finite number of Tasks configured in BPC. See Task Profile Descriptions in the BPC Administration Help
- Member Access Profiles
- Dimension and member related security
- Example, you can specify which periods are ready to receive forecasts
Member Access Profiles
To change the rollup for an account in BPC do the following:
- Change PARENTH1 on the account to the new rollup
- Process the dimension (Do a Full Process)
- Make the Application available
- Click on the Noble node
- Click on Set application set status
- Select Available
- Click Update application set status
- Refresh dimension members on the client.
- eTools -> Refresh Dimension Members
This will probably work for any dimension, not just accounts.