Before beginning, document the current install by making screen shots of the System > Status in SAP GUI for reference.
NOTE: NW BPC Support Packages are NOT cumulative, so download all the SPs between your current version and the latest.
- Retrieve the needed .SAR file(s) from the SAP Marketplace
- Software Downloads > Support Packages and Patches > A – Z Index > B
- SAP BPC FOR SAP NETWEAVER > SBOP PC 10.0 FOR SAP NW
- Comprised Software Component Versions > SAP CPM BPC ABAP 10.0 > Support Packages
- See Finding Prerequisites section below to identify what other files you need.
- Check the box for the SP and click Add to Download Basket.
- At this point, the SP is in the Approval List tab of your Download Basket and needs to be approved for download by SAP.
- Submit a ticket to the XX-SER-SAPSMP-SDM component asking them to approve the download.
- Once it is approved you may download it.
NOTE with Solution Manager, you can retreive the SP directly thru NetWeaver.
- While at step 4 in the section above
- Click the Title of the Support Package
- Click Package Info
- Scroll down to Import conditions
- The above screen shot shows, that BPC and POASBC Add-ons must be installed. And SP01 for BPC and SP02 for POASBC must be installed. (POA = Portable Object Adapter from CORBA and SBC = Shared Business Components)
Upload Support Packages
The Support Packages need to be uploaded into NetWeaver and decompressed.
Load the Support Package into NetWeaver:
- On the NetWeaver server, logon to client 000 as Admin
- Run the SPAM transaction
- Go to the Support Packages menu
- Click Load Packages > From Front End
- Browse to the .SAR file location
- Click Open
- Click Decompress
- Repeat steps 1 thru 7 for all the SP files.
Transport Support Packages
Once the files are uploaded and decompressed, import them into the system:
- On the main SPAM display ensure ‘New Support Packages’ is selected under ‘Directory’
- Click Display
- Click the SP in the list
- Right click on the package and choose Define Queue
- Click the green checkmark (Continue)
- Click No to Adding Modification Adjustment Transports to the queue
- The window should close and in the main SPAM window, the Queue should display your SP
- Click the red truck button to transport the update
- Click the Continue to start the transport of the update into the system
- Once the transport finishes, ‘Confirm the Queue’ by clicking the green checkmark with a pencil.
- Repeat steps 1 thru 10 for all SP files.
If a transport fails with Objects_Locked error
- Capture the detail like Request #, Objects (ex. R3TR SICF WEB)
- To fix the issue, the lock(s) must be release. They must be releases in the Tasks, Requests order
- Use SE01
- Click the locked task
- Click the Truck button
- Do steps 2 and 3 for all locked tasks
- Click the locked request
- Click the Truck button
If the lock is occurring in a client other than 000, you must login to that client to release the locks.