Before beginning, document the current install by making screen shots of the Server Manager screens into WordPad.
For the ABAP SP retrieve the .SAR file from the SAP Marketplace
NOTE: ABAP BPC Support Packages are NOT cumulative, so download all the SPs between your current version and the latest.
- Software Downloads > Support Packages and Patches > A – Z Index > B
- SAP BPC FOR SAP NETWEAVER > SBOP PC 7.5 FOR SAP NW
- Comprised Software Component Versions > SAP CPM BPC ABAP 7.5 > Support Packages
- Check the box for the SP and click Add to Download Basket.
- At this point, the SP is in the Approval List tab of your Download Basket and needs to be approved for download by SAP.
- Submit a ticket to the XX-SER-SAPSMP-SDM component asking them to approve the download.
- Once it is approved you may download it.
NOTE with Solution Manager, you can retreive the SP directly thru NetWeaver.
Load the Support Package into NetWeaver
- On the NetWeaver server, logon to client 000 as Admin
- Run the SPAM transaction
- Go to the Support Packages menu
- Click Load Packages > From Front End
- Browse to the .SAR file location
- Click Open
- Click Decompress
- Repeat steps 1 thru 7 for all ABAP SP files.
Transport SP into the system
- On the main SPAM display ensure ‘New Support Packages’ is selected under ‘Directory’
- Click Display
- Click the SP in the list
- Right click on the package and choose Define Queue
- Click the green checkmark
- Click No to Adding Modification Adjustment Transports to the queue
- The window should close and in the main SPAM window, the Queue should display your SP
- Click the red truck button to transport the update
- Click the green checkmark to start the transport of the update into the system
- Once the transport finishes, ‘Confirm the Queue’ by clicking the green checkmark with a pencil.
- Repeat steps 1 thru 10 for all ABAP SP files.